Best Car Rental Options On The Island?

My wife and I are coming for a week vacation from Oct. 25th thru Nov. 1st and would like to find jeep or small SUV options for the stay. Any suggestions from the Community here? Thank you.

Chris

5 Likes

Hello @wheels48 - I’ll let others comment on the specific rental question you have. I will say that it is often much much cheaper and a whole lot more convenient to simply “rent” van or taxi driver for the day. This is especially true on non cruise ship days where taxi drivers are not very busy. If you do want to “freedom” that comes with renting your own car, rent one. But sometimes when you book a driver and his vehicle for the day, you get the added benefit of having a local navigate your around.

Where did you want to drive to?

4 Likes

Hi Chris!

If you want to rent a car on the island I have some options. You can look for us in FB as Relax Rentals or you can send a WhatsApp to +504 31510093 also you may send an email to tlanza28@hotmail.com Anyway we are here for you !

2 Likes

Good Morning Lionfish,

We would be interested in learning more about a private driver but would need more details as we would like to be as selective as possible. Car, driver, fluent English speaking, etc. I have read about the challenges of renting and I do not want to do that unless it is our only choice and/or we cannot find an acceptable driver. Need your suggestions and how to reach out to them.

We will be stay in Cocolobo for (7) days begin Oct. 26th and would need transport to/from airport.

Thank you.

Chris

3 Likes

tlanza - Good Morning,

If you can supply a private driver we would like to learn more as I just responded to Lionfish with this same response. Please advise.

Thank you.

Chris

2 Likes

Hi Chris! See below a listing with our services and prices. Let me know if you have further questions.

1 Like

1 Like

Questions:

1. In the 1st ad does this include a Driver, is this a Daily Rate and if so is this the total rate per day for my
    wife and I?

2. In the 2nd ad which of the three Transports would be closest to Cocolobo, and is this a One Way rate
    for both my wife and I? Meaning, an Explorer is appox. $75 USD - One-Way or Round Trip Transfer
    and is that $75 USD for both my wife and I total?

Please let me know as you do have my interest. Thank you.

Chris

2 Likes

#1 Yes. The price includes driver and the vehicle. The total rate depends on if you want to rent a half or a full day. For example : if you rent The Expedition a full day you will pay $175 in total for you and your wife.

#2 The closest to Cocolobo would be “Aeropuerto- Hotel Henry Morgan” if you choose The Ford Expedition you’ll pay $65 one way for you and your wife and $130 for a round trip transfer.

1 Like

Ernesto Car Rental is a reliable vendor with excellent cars and SVUs. Call him at 9665 6206 or find him on Facebook at Ernesto Car… Ernesto Zelaya…highly recommended

3 Likes

You’d have to make a strong argument in favor of renting…Taxi services are plentiful and cheap. Rentals by contrast can carry a high damage liability and the deposit is often steep.

2 Likes

We would be always renting full day but would look at the Explorer I believe for the vehicle. When does the day begin and end based on your hours and if we wanted to extend that how is it done?

As for the Airport Transport, again we would look to the Explorer and then only book one way each time - to Cocolobo one way, then pay for trip back when it is time for us to leave.

How far in advance do we look at booking your services as we do it on a day by day basis?

Can we pay in larger bills so we do not need to carry so much with us when we come down?

Thank you.

2 Likes

We will probably rent a driver for our trip. But I appreciate your time in responding. Thank you.

3 Likes

After doing our research I have to say I do agree. Thank you for the input.

1 Like

Ernesto can also be a driver for you.

Mail](https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

2 Likes

Thank you for the input and information. That is what I am seeing through my research. I am looking at a few options. One of which is tlanza with Relax Rentals/Roatan Premium Services.com. Still weighing everything out. Need price, quality, professionalism and a good driver we get along with. Long term deal while we are on the Island if all works out.

My personal e-mail is cpw4848@hotmail.com if you have other suggestions. Thank you.

Chris

2 Likes

Does he have an e-mail address or web site contact him at as I do not do or have Facebook or any if the other platforms as I do not like them. Old fashioned I guess. Thank you.

Chris

1 Like

No but his phone number is 9665 6206

Mail](https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

1 Like

OK, I will keep that in my pocket for now. Still doing research as we do not arrive until Saturday just after 12 Noon. Thank you.

1 Like