Best Car Rental Options On The Island?

Hi wheels48. Would really like to know what you find out as we will be on the island 10/5-10/19 and are weighing out the same options you are. Thx

1 Like

We will definitely be hiring a driver. Not sure which one just yet but leaning strongly towards the company with the selection of nicer SUV’s. First day will simply be a transport from the airport to where we are staying. We plan
to walk into town and eat dinner then walk back and get recharged for the next day. Then keep the same driver if possible for the remainder of the week we are there (Oct. 26th thru Nov. 1st).

1 Like

Ernesto Zelaya is the most affordable and has an excellent fleet of cars. Usual per day rate is $35 but if you rent the car for a week or more he offers discounts. Having a driver take you around while may sound nice; however the rates you will be charged is astronomical. Add that there really is only one main road to drive from the west to the east…you can easily find your way around on your own with a map that is free from the MLB Realtors. Ernesto’s phone is 9665 6206

2 Likes

Hey Carol,

Is that $35 inclusive of the driver? We are going to opt for a driver as we may have cocktails during the drives and do not take chances like that. Cocktails and Islands go together, but unfortunately cocktails and driving do not :+1:. Let me know
and we will plan accordingly. Thank you.

Chris

1 Like

No that is a car rental not a driver

1 Like

No that rate is for you driving. Having a driver as I stated is more expensive.

Good luck

1 Like

Thank you Carol. Any suggestions for drivers who know the island well and have a good personality/reputation?

1 Like

Yes Ernesto Zelaya as I mentioned originally. I just don’t know how much he charges for driving you around. Call or reach out on Facebook to him. He will reply

2 Likes

Can you send me his number again as I do not do Facebook? Thank you Carol.

1 Like

Consider Captain Vans (captainvans.com) - they are located in West Bay. Their email is as follows: murray@captainvans.com

They rent scooters too…although I don’t personally encourage their use on Roatan roads.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I will look into this. Much appreciated!

Chris

1 Like

9665-6206

for Windows 10

1 Like