Home or lot around Camp Beach

Hello future neighbors! My husband and I will be on island in September to look at property for retirement/full time living in 2022. Does anyone have or know someone who wants to sell their Camp Beach home or lot? Water view is a must! Waterfront is ideal of course!

1 Like

You may consider contacting this home owner directly?

1 Like

Magnificent place! Thank you! Will do!

1 Like

Hello Sherry,
My name is Blaine Bell. I’m the owner of Living Waters. My family and I were just there last week and it was wonderful to be back in Camp Bay again! I’m not interested in selling now, but who knows, maybe in 2020. If you would like to contact me, my phone number is: +1-814-504-7656 and my email is: livingwatersroatan@gmail.com

Take care,

Blaine

2 Likes

Thank you Blaine! You have a magnificent place there on the most beautiful beach in the world, in my opinion! My husband and I did find a place on the East End and are due to close in December. Best wishes to you!

Harry and Sherry

2 Likes

Sherry,

Sounds like you are on your way to being our neighbors! My girlfriend and I are building in the East End not too far from Camp Bay. We have quite a few friends in Camp Bay and would love to meet you and introduce you around when you get to the island. Shoot me a pm if you are interested.

Welcome to paradise!

Jim

1 Like

Hi Jim! Congratulations on your new build! We will be heading to Roatan mid January to take care of all the required documents, insurance, etc. for our new place in Calabash. While it would be awesome to meet up, our time will be limited this trip. Let’s shoot for next time, whenever that is. Enjoy your new place!

2 Likes

We’re in the very early stages of planning to build our retirement home next door to Living Waters. at Camp Bay. We’ve had a few referrals to architects, builders, etc., but we haven’t contacted any yet so will greatly appreciate any information or your experiences in building you’d care to share.

1 Like

Congratulations! I highly recommend Jose Gomez at Integra Architecture and Construction. He and his team do the highest quality work I’ve seen on the island. He’s creative, honest, and gets projects completed as promised. Covid has slowed him down a bit though no fault of his own. Very good at communicating progress and issues, sending pictures weekly and now biweekly since we have not been there to see our project through. He has been available by phone 7 days a week and always responds promptly. Just can’t say enough good about him! I’m a huge fan! If you have a chance have him take you around to a few of his projects. Anoranza is one of his most recent builds and is a beautiful example of his modern designs.

If you need furniture for your new home I can also recommend a very talented furniture/cabinet builder. I sent pictures of some Restoration Hardware pieces that I wanted to have built. So far the pieces that Sharon Bailey has built are even better than expected and a fraction of the cost. She is also building our cabinets and doors. She can be a bit difficult to be/stay in touch with but well worth it. I can provide contact info for her if you are interested. Oh, she also did the cabinets, some of the doors, and furniture for Anoranza too. She works closely with Jose Gomez regularly.

Good luck on your new project. I hope it will be as exciting and rewarding as our renovation has been for us.

2 Likes

Hi Sherry,

Thanks so much for your info. I so appreciate personal experience info. After some browsing, I located Jose Gomez as the owner of Integra Construction; same architect/builder? I couldn’t find info on his Anoranza project so is you have a link, I’d appreciate having it. Glad you mentioned furniture. I did wonder where one get furniture so thanks for Sharon Baily’s name and will get her contact info from you at some point. Given COVID and all, don’t see us getting to this until the first of next year, hopefully. My head is swimming with all kinds of building designs and need to decide on about what we’re looking for so I don’t make an architect/builder crazy.

Thanks much for response and I hope you won’t mind my imposing on your input again in the future. Take care.

1 Like

You should see many compliments for José if you ask for builder recommendations through FB discussion groups for Roatan. I started out my search that way. He does architectural design and construction. We used him for both and received a small discount on our construction. When we looked at our house for purchase José met us there and gave us clear and creative ideas about what the possibilities were. We ended up gutting almost the entire house. Although he’s still working on it we feel it’s turning out to be even better than expected. If you contact him he can go to your lot and give you a lot of ideas that will work perfectly for your lot, lifestyle, and personality. He’ll be very good with guiding you. I have to say I looked at our neighbors houses and talked to them about who they used for their homes before we chose. Jose’s work is not even comparable in my opinion. Be careful who you choose because some of the companies there do not deliver the quality they promise and they will overcharge just because you’re from US or Canada. I’ve seen it first hand on several projects in talking to neighbors. I know we made the right choice for us. As for Anoranza google Anoranza Roatan. It is a luxury rental on VRBO where you can see it. It is a modern style which I feel José excels in but our project incorporates a more relaxed Bohemian/zen/Indonesian style with modern mixed in too so he can do anything imo. You are most welcome to contact me any time. I’m always happy to gush over these very talented people. And if you talk to them please tell them Harry and Sherry recommended them. I want them to know how much we appreciate them! One last bit of advice…enjoy the whole process. Try not to stress and By all means have fun with it because you’re on Roatan island time!

1 Like

You’re very welcome. Always happy to gush over these people who deserve our praises imo. If you do contact José he can go over to your lot and come back with great ideas based on your lifestyle, personality, and what will work best on that property. That’s his favorite thing to do! He does both architectural design and construction and gives a small discount if you use him for both. Based on our research he is by far the best in quality for the price. I have seen the work of other builders there who promised much better than what they delivered. Many of them see huge dollar signs with clients from US and Canada but the workmanship is severely lacking. Anoranza is a modern design that you can find by googling Anoranza Roatan. It is a luxury rental on VRBO. Although José excels in modern design we love what he’s doing with our Bohemian/zen/Indonesian inspired remodel (almost complete gutting) but with modern touches mixed in too. When you finally get to Roatan you are welcome to have José give you a tour and show you what he did with our property. You can compare before and after because our place was featured on HGTV last year before we purchased it. If you do contact José please tell him Harry and Sherry Mitchell sent you because we want him to know how much we value and appreciate him and his guys. Hope you enjoy your process!

1 Like

Hi Sherry,

You’re terrific for sharing your experience and high praise for Jose Gonzales. We’ve worked with both really good and just “all talk” contractors in the past so for the Roatan build your high praise is very valuable. I linked to his Anoranza project; wow!. It’s just a little too modern for what I have in mind, but I’m sure Jose can help us with a design. We’ll certainly contact him and be sure to let him know you and Harry referred us. Your remodel project sounds fascinating. I’d love to see your house on HGTV’s (I’m an avid fan). There’s so much to look at on their site so need to narrow down my search. What show was it on?

1 Like

Good afternoon Alice!

I’m paying it forward. The previous owner of our house there sold because he has terminal cancer. Even with what he was dealing with he provided pages and pages of info all throughout the selling process. If I can help ease someone else’s concerns then I pass on his generosity.

I understand the fear of not knowing who to choose when building a home especially when it’s outside our own country and when not present during construction, which is our case. So much is done differently there but we have received complete guidance and patience from Mr. Gomez. I think he really needs to put me on his payroll, lol!

Our house was featured on Caribbean Life, Season 16, Episode 10, and was called Finding Solace on Roatan. I believe it aired early last year. Our house was called Hilltop Hideaway. Once you see it you’ll see why it was almost a total gut plus pool and carport install. It will also feature a floating stairway which is Jose’s design, my husband’s tweak, and Sharon Bailey supplying and installing the wood! That should be happening any day now, yeah! Oh btw, the couple featured in that show purchased the lot from that episode and Jose has designed and will be building their home and 3 tier pool! I definately need to be on Jose’s payroll or at least the head of his fan club!

Anyway, whatever you end up building will be beautiful no matter who you choose to do it. Just try to enjoy the process even when you have a few inevitable bumps in the road. I mean, you have a lot on the most beautiful beach I’ve ever seen and I’ve seen many on this side of the world. If you’re like me any at all you’ll have a lot of fun dreaming, designing, and lose countless hours of sleep while going over it in your head a million times. I live for the pictures we get of all the progress. They’re never ever enough! My husband and I go over them with a fine tooth comb over and over again. Tip: stop looking at the pictures, if you’re not present during the build, at least an hour or 2 before bedtime!

It’s been fun talking to you. Reach out anytime.

See you on the beach,

Sherry

2 Likes

Too late. I’ve already spent countless hours looking at house plans, pictures, etc. My head is spinning. I know what you mean about the bumps in the road building since we built in the Riviera Maya (before it was known as Riviera Maya) in Mexico. I swore I’d never do it again (not in Mexico anyway), but we bought the Camp Bay lot fifteen years ago with an eye to retirement; it’s time. It’s a long ride from Los Angeles to Roatan, but we plan to be there quite a bit to oversee the project – it’s part of the fun (sorta).

You definitely should be on Jose’s payroll. You do great at PR for him :blush:. I’ll check out those Caribbean Life episodes.

Enjoy our conversation and thanks again. Will keep in touch.

1 Like

My girlfriend and I are looking at a property in Calabash Bluff on the 29th. We are only there for a day, but plan a weeks stay in January. Trying to learn as much as I can about the Island.

1 Like

My husband and I live in Lost Isles and know Calabash Bluff house. Feel free to ask questions. Happy to meet with you as well.

1 Like