Current Covid-19 Restrictions

Hello all,
A friend and I are considering visiting Roatan soon. Can anyone give me an update on any current restrictions? I know you have to have a negative test 72 hours prior to arrival. We have been seeing some conflicting information as far as curfew and other restrictions on beaches or bars. Thanks for your help.
-Daniel

2 Likes

The curfew is 10pm…and frankly most places arent open later anyway. Beaches, bars and restaurants are open…but not all of them. This is due to lack of tourists. While the ex-pats who live here surely patronize the bars and restaurants it is just a small fraction of how many go out when we have tourism. So a business with high rent or a tourist based business model have not reopened due to lack of said tourists.

3 Likes

My husband have been trying to get to Roatan since March! It’s been a struggle with the travel restrictions changing every day. We’re wondering how easy it would be to get a COVID test for the return to the U.S.? Any help or advice on travel would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Lesley

2 Likes

Hello @Moalite17

Roatan is prepared to receive visitors, and it has places to get covid tests. Roatan has hospitals and clinics. Click on the following link to get to know the medical services on the island Medical Services — ROATAN

It will help you once you are on the island. Prices range from $50 to $100+. You will have to contact a clinic like UNIMED roatan@unimedhs.com for appointments. Most hospitals perform covid tests on the island.

Also, make sure to follow the requirements for entering/leaving the country