Another relocation

My husband and I are looking to move to the island. We are in the process of selling our house here and I will come and live on the island for 6 months while my husband commutes. We are accustomed to this as he did camp work in the oilsands for 7 years. Our plan is that he stay at home for 3 weeks and spend 1 week with me on the island. This will enable our son to finish his carpentry apprenticeship and us to keep building up the nest egg for ultimate retirement.

I will spend the 6 months getting to know the island, the people and the culture.

We are looking at several options at this point in time such as hosting a b&b or small hotel to supplement our retirement income. We would of course enlist the help of residents in this endeavor. We are also looking at the possibility of a small contracting company (again using local labour). My husband, my son and I are all carpenters and I have successfully run construction companies in both Canada and the U.S.

So, I will be working on looking into the options available. It is our intention to enhance the island not impose upon it.

Any input is appreciated.

Thx guys

2 Likes

Welcome to our forum @Kban

I’ll leave some threads previously discussed by the community

You may also consider the help of a real estate agent. If so, send an email to info@roatan.online