For the court of public opinion

PUBLIC OR PRIVATE TOURISM BUREAU? - YOU DECIDE.

FOR THE COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION: Much has been done to discredit our private tourism bureau. For that reason, we’ve taken a few moments to articulate who we are and what we do. We hope you’ll take a moment to get to know us.

WHO ARE WE?

The Roatan Tourism Bureau ™ (RTB) is a private, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), which aims to encourage and promote the vitality & growth of Roatan’s tourism industry. Promoting Roatan, as a premier travel island destination (both domestically & internationally) is at the center of the Bureau’s principal focus.

WHEN WERE WE ESTABLISHED?

Roatan.Online was launched in early 2017 to as an online magazine and travel forum. Later that year, we launched the Roatan Tourism Bureau as a private, non-governmental & self-funded venture dedicated to the promotion of Roatan and its supporters.

WHAT WEBSITES DO WE HAVE?

Since the launch of these two websites, we’ve added Roatan.Jobs, Roatan.Gallery, and several social media outlets to help us grow our media footprint. We continue to look for ways to serve our community while promoting the interest and the natural beauty of our Bay Islands.

WHAT SERVICES DO WE OFFER?
The Roatan Tourism Bureau depends on a subscription-based business model while our Roatan Online drives most of its revenue by way of advertisements on its various pages.

• Memberships
  • Advertisements
  • Marketing Services
  • Lead Generation

WHO FOUNDED US?

EDITORS CORNER: I was born in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. I’ve lived in five countries, including Jamaica where I spent five years falling in love with the Caribbean. I am a proud American citizen and an entrepreneur.

The United States has been good to my family and me, but as a native Honduran, I have a special love for my culture, my heritage, my family, and my people.

Like most Hondurans, I want to see Honduras showcased to the world in the best light possible. And while Honduras has so much to offer, few places can match the sheer beauty we find in the Bay Islands.

But the Bay Islands have a poor online presence. Sure, there are many businesses and organizations who themselves have stunning websites, but the island of Roatan, Utila, and Guanaja lack the proper online representation.

A key factor in the poor online representation for the Bay Islands has been the slow adoption of newer technologies. There is excellent content online. But the manner and the platforms on which this content is displayed to the world is outdated and antiquated.

I believe my Honduran birth, my exposure to the American culture, my technical and online knowledge, and my entrepreneurial spirit uniquely qualify me to bring the Bay Islands to the forefront and the world.

Thank you for your ongoing support,

Emilio F. Castillo
The Roatan Tourism Bureau ™

3 Likes

Emilio, sharing the same background, I understand you. I am also a Honduran from Tegucigalpa who is also an American citizen and now retired after 28 years working in a public school district in Colorado and thinking of moving to Roatan.

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words @amelendez. We will continue to put out good content and do what we can to provide Roatan and its visitors with the best online experience possible. If you ever do move to Roatan, please let us know.

Roatan is always in need of educators!

1 Like

I would not, under any circumstance, worry too much about any opinion that attempts to belittle and diminish the good work you and others are doing. PERIOD. Almost not worthy of a response, but I am glad you responded with class and without insults. Good for you Emilio.

1 Like

Thank you brother. Your comments are an encouragement.

1 Like

Press on…the competition will have to earn their spot or risk falling behind with the times. Press on.

2 Likes

Your work is outstanding and you have been nothing but inviting from day one!! I hope we assist in your success as much as you have worked towards ours. The government entity which collects 4% tax from our lodging guests has yet to darken our doorstep with anything but demands. Keep pressing forward with the RTB!

3 Likes