Real Estate Agent advise?

Hi, I’m Heather! I’m so glad this forum is here. I’ve read through a lot of the most recent topics, and most of them are really helpful!

We will be retiring in 2 years, and Roatan is at the top of our prospect list. We will be coming to the island in March to look at property and try to get a feel for the island and decide what it is we are really looking for. Does anyone have a good agent - NOT someone they are friends with who happens to be a realtor - but someone they have conducted business with, and felt listened to? Any particular agencies to avoid?

2 Likes

Not sure if you read this thread but it might be helpful

Ooh La! I had not seen that one. You’re right; lots of good info there. Thank you so much.

Recommend Daniel Matrmoras and Lissa Affura for residency issues.

1 Like

Yes… the ONLY one to use if you are from the states…
Email me … RJG848@gmail.com

Bob

Absolutely, contact Dan Horn. He was our realtor and I actually met him on FB. He spent more than a year working with me via phone prior to us actually coming to Roatan to look at properties. Took us on a tour of island first so that we could understand the differences between West and East End of island.
He has a Remax office in Coconut Plaza in West End. Ultimately, we ended up buying a piece of property and building our own home. Moved in recently.
Feel free to pm me through FB with questions. There’s a lot to learn. Libby Grist Miller

1 Like

I use Todd Hagerty of Remax for 6 different actual real estate purchases. Roatán is not the easiest or cleanest real estate business so I recommend Todd because he has always made sure the legal issues are addressed completely before closing. The big issues are capital gain taxes and the horizontal survey. Never close until these are all completed and stamped from the municipality!

May we FB msg you? We are very curious about homes in Roatan on the east side

Please feel free to message me via FB messenger. Libby Miller