Swimming with Jaguars

What is the latest on the Jaguar excursion? are these still an option or have they been discontinued?

2 Likes

Negative. The Jaguar swim is no longer an option.

2 Likes

Hello @BitcoinBeachRoatan, the Jaguar swim has been replaced with a fun and entertaining Mini Pig Swim. See photo below. You’ll have an opportunity to see our Jaguars in their sanctuary but we are currently not offering the swim experience.

2 Likes

Will swimming with the jaguars ever be an option again or has it been discontinued for the foreseeable future? Cruising in November and we’re debating between two different places to visit.

3 Likes

That ship has sailed friend. Don’t wait around. The jaguars had to be “brought up” with human interaction and only available in the early years of their life. Those jaguars are off the island. They were confiscated. The remaining Jaguars are grown adults and they will have you for breakfast. You can see them in their living habitats but you won’t be allowed to pet them.

3 Likes

No, the jaguar excursion is no longer offered and the ownership received lots of push back. I don’t think they want the headache that comes with live Jaguar interactions.

2 Likes

Hello @Kim_Brown, and thank you for your interest. The Jaguar interaction is suspended for now. The Mini Pig experience has been a success thus far and it allows for more people to interact. The jaguar encounter was limited to only a few visitors each day as we did not want to stress out the Jaguars.

Come see us soon and thank you again for your interest in Little French Key.

1 Like

Interesting change to the VIP package. Hard to go from Jaguars to Pigs…but I get it. Good luck with the change.

2 Likes

perhaps it was an insurance thing :smile:

1 Like

Hello I see the forum is from 2019. I plan to go in Novemeber of this year 2021. My main interest was to go to swim with the jaguars. Have you guys changed your rules? is that avaiable again?

@melissa7lv Unfortunately, the jaguar interaction is no longer available. Instead, you’ll find:

• Horseback Swimming adventure

• Mini Pig Interaction

• Sloth Sanctuary

1 Like