Water Taxi from Port of Roatan

We will be traveling to Roatan for the first time in May of 2019 via a cruise ship. We love to snorkel and play on the beach. My wife and 9-year-old son love to look for shells. We are hoping to introduce my son to the beautiful fish and coral of the Caribbean.

It looks like our cruise ship will be docking in Coxen Hole. Will there be Water Taxis at this location? Is it easy at the dock to get a water taxi to West Bay or other snorkeling areas?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

2 Likes

My mistake. We will be docking in the Port of Roatan.

2 Likes

Hello @bcalkins, and welcome to our forum.

The short answer to your question is no. The cruise ships port along the southern shore of Roatan, which is also the windward side of the island. The water is choppier and there is less water taxi available. Most visitors will grab a cab to the northwest side of the island, to West Bay.

For an excellent Snorkeling experience on Roatan, check out the Queen Victoria. They have a great crew.

If you would like to know the Taxi driver by name before you arrive, consider booking your taxi here and we will make sure you know his name and we’ll send you a photo of him ahead of your arrival so that you know who to look for. We will also give him a heads up on your intended travel route and how many will be traveling with you, so that he is prepared.

Let us know if you any other questions.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response.

We will definitely order the taxi in advance. We will be arriving on May 15. Is it too early to reserve a taxi?

We are a little excited to see your beautiful island. :smiley:

Thank you again.

1 Like

It’s never too early to secure your transportation! - the more lead time the better. Please PM me when you’ve book and I will reply with the contact info of your driver.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thank you so much help.

I’ve booked the Taxi ride from the Port of Roatan to the West Bay. I PMed you with the reservation information. Very helpful taxi advice.

Thanks for your time.

1 Like

@bcalkins - Did you say Snorkel?..let us take you out just as soon as you’re ready. The Queen Victoria is stable and we have snacks aboard the boat.

1 Like

It looks beautiful. What is the minimum age for participants?

Thank you.

2 Likes

If they can fit into a life jacket, we should be alright.

2 Likes

We were unable to find our Taxi at the port. When we got outside the gates there were a lot of people. Sorry for the confusion and if we wasted the drivers time. Roatan is a beautiful island! We will be back someday.

1 Like

Hello @bcalkins - did you Have an order number? If so send it to me via Private Message and I may be able to issue you a refund.

PS - Driver was there and we held him there for several hours.

So sorry for wasting your drivers time. I will PM with the order number.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, does Roatan Catamaran ever have an openings for general employment for an Expat? My wife and I plan to retire to Roatan at some point and time and this looks like it would be an excellent opportunity for a part time employment possibility. Not a rush, just a general question. Thank you.

1 Like