Buying a property

Hello everyone!my husband and I are traveling to roatan next week we will spend ten days looking around hopefully we can find a good place to retire. We were looking at another town called Balfante East of la ceiba ,it looks like there’s a lot American and Canadian communities .and were also looking at this town called Trujillo.does anybody have any information or input about those towns as well ?we will appreciate!!

2 Likes

We are here now doing the same. Best plan is to contact Dan Horn, he toured us around the island the first day we were here. Very knowledgeable and highly recommended. His email is [danielhornpa@yahoo.com]
After being here a couple of days we strongly suggest you do not strike out on your own without a guide. Dan was great and he is a highly recommended and reputable realtor.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! For the info!! I’ll contact him!!

1 Like

Roatan has everything you need. There isn’t much in Balfate or Trujillo to do. And the roads suck getting there. I was just a short distance from balfate staying in my friends place (gated community). they picked us up in la ceiba and the drive was not very pleasant. just my two cents worth.

2 Likes

We have been on both and island life for us wins over main land any day. but this is your choice so do your scouting and enjoy the journey.

2 Likes