Looking for House to Rent 3 weeks Feb 2020

Excellent website, loads of information for a new to Roatan traveller.

We are a couple traveling to Roatan in Feb 2020 for a 3 week stay. Looking to rent a house/villa/condo somewhere in West Bay, West End or Sandy Bay. I have looked at Airbnb and VRBO and found a few options but thought I would check in here.

We do not need/want nightlife. Would like to be close enough to be able to walk to a variety of restaurants but we cook a lot so a really good/well stocked kitchen is a must. One or two bedrooms, one to two bathrooms. Beachfront is almost the most important criterion but do not really want ground floor unless it is a private house. Top floor on any other type of building is preferred. I am leaning toward the “northern” end of West End, Gibson Bight on upward to the end of the Sandy Bay area. Condos are fine if its a quiet building. Too many experiences renting a place but ending up close to partiers.

My wife snorkels so off shore/beach snorkeling is desired.$250/nt USD is an absolute max given the CDN to USD exchange these days.

It’s nice to be able to wander into town on any given day as we do not plan to rent a car for the duration of our stay.
Thanks for whatever suggestions you have
Brad

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum. Have you checked out Island House Vacation Rentals? https://www.islandhouseroatan.com

2 Likes

Yes I have checked it out…thanks for the suggestion.

2 Likes

Before you do anything, I would contact @Blueisland and ask them about their newly built villa. It can accommodate you and they have several other villas on the property which may be suitable for your guest. This way you won’t have to commit to a larger place if you don’t plan on having guest the entire time.

They may be able to offer competitive pricing in exchange for a long term stay. Below are a few images of their place and also a list of accommodations:

• Sandy Bay Area
  • Private Beach
  • Able to accommodate small or large groups
  • Restaurant onsite
  • Scuba Shop onsite
  • Right on the main road, so transportation to anywhere is easy.
  • Kitchen and refrigerator
  • A/C Units
  • Island construction and feel.

FULL PHOTO GALLERY →

1 Like

This may work, posted by @Anna in another thread here on this forum (see VBRO link):

Bringing horses from US to Roatan

2 Likes

Airbnb:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/29923723 Vista

Hi this could be perfect for you:
The safest location
2 min.walking distance to the best beach, bars, restaurants, mall, vinery, …
Tropical garden with pool and sea view
So close to everything but still full privacy.
Regards
Boris @ Tanya

2 Likes

Thanks all for your assistance. We continue our search. I’ll check out the above options.

Brad

2 Likes

Welcome Brad, @bcolin and thank you @RoatanOnline for the mention! We could certainly host you for the time you are seeking. We have 3 units with cooking facilities. All are ground level and the one which would suit your needs best, in my opinion is Casa Descanso. While it is ground level the residence above you is our personal residence. Casita Azul is one of our best sellers and we recently added air conditioning to La Casita en el Jardin. Casita Oceana is our newest rental; however, it is not setup with a kitchen. As @RoatanOnline mentioned we have many amenities onsite and will certainly come in much less than your $250 per night maximum. 21 nights standalone purchase with extended stay discount $2730 +tax. We will also extend package discounting if you would like to book diving or other activities with your stay.

We are in a quiet neighborhood and the rowdiest time you will find is the LCR game at The Salty Mango on Friday nights which you will enjoy meeting locals and trying to win a few dollars while enjoying some fun, food and drinks. The taxi rides are 40-50 lempira ($2-3) for rides into Coxen Hole or West End. So you can easily get to any of the nightlife, yet enjoy a quiet evening when you want.

Let us know if we can help and we would enjoy hosting you!

2 Likes

Hi Brad, I’ve just joined this forum. If you haven’t find anything yet, you can take a look at our cabin In Sandy Bay on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ForeverRoatan or in VRBO # 694999
https://www.vrbo.com/694999?unitId=1242937&fbclid=IwAR1QQbU9lGsfmGRSamkCGATrhbMQDsbeaNqJdsx1I-HjETn6JaaQBVJ0mvk
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. We look forward to having you as our guests!
Bests regards Liliana

2 Likes

Keyhole Bay in West Bay is an option. Both houses and condos available. They are privately owned so you would have to Google and see what comes up. Quiet, safe, beautiful, pool, and walking distance to West Bay Beach.

2 Likes

found or still looking?

1 Like