Roatan Jobs (Jobs Board)

ROATAN JOB WEBSITE
Find a job or that special employee just got easier. Roatan.Online and the Roatan Tourism Bureau have launched a new website Roatan.Jobs

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Visit the website today and join us in improving the way we do business on Roatan.

1 Like

I noticed this was recently linked with Roatan Employment Opportunities, which has a strong following on the island. Good work?

1 Like

Yes, we recently connected the two as an effort to raise the awareness for the jobs board platform. We think it can benefit employers in Roatan get qualified candidate leads.

Roatan is like New York City…you never apply from afar. Alway be on Roatan, or at a minimum, correspond as though you are on Roatan :slight_smile: - otherwise, you will not be hired. Take it from someone who learned this the long way round.

2 Likes

I have noticed there are very few jobs listed online in Roatan. In your experience would you say most jobs acquired are by handing your resume in-person?

2 Likes

@FloridaExPat, you make a good observation. We noticed the same thing. There are two preferred methods to finding a job on Roatan: 1) A Facebook Group and 2) As you’ve already noted “word of mouth” and handing your resume in person.

We don’t think this is a good way and we certainly don’t think its the most professional way. For this reason we launched Roatan.Jobs a few months ago. The new site is a Jobs Board. We’ve seen some traction but the site is still fairly new and undiscovered.

We also started this forum as a way to promote the relationship building between new comers to Roatan and those living on Roatan.

May I ask, are you looking for employment or merely making an observation?

1 Like

@RoatanOnline My wife & I are looking to become ExPats in the next 2-3yrs and are doing our due diligence now. She is able to work from home but I am an aircraft mechanic/avionics technician. I haven’t had much luck finding any job listings online aside from the airport in mainland Honduras which is not where we want to be. I did however find the Roatan.Job link a couple of weeks ago but that was one of the places that I wasn’t finding much. I’ll check out the fb pages, thank you for the suggestion.

2 Likes

… @FloridaExPat that should give you ample time to foster relationships here and in person. Finding a job on Roatan is sometimes easier when you’re here. Employers are more likely to consider a potential who is already on the island over someone who plans to come but may not.

Keep in touch here on the forum and be sure to shake a few hands when you are hear next. That will go a long way.

And if you need anything else from me, I am at your service.

2 Likes

@RoatanOnline Thank-you for the info. I’m not looking to submit resumes before becoming a resident as I was just curious as to what the pay range would be for a job in aviation there. I’m expecting significantly less since the cost of most everything there is less. I am wondering if I should be concerned with changing fields to a career more based around the island life such as scuba instructor, etc.

2 Likes

PRICING SCHEME UPDATE

We have updated the pricing scheme for Roatan Jobs.

Roatan employers can now create job listings for as little as $5.

See for yourself:
https://roatan.jobs/employer-products/

BENEFITS AS AN EMPLOYER:

• Qualified Applicants
  • Wider Online Reach for each jobs listing
  • Centralized applicant pipeline
  • Enhanced Publicity
  • Good PR for your operation

BENEFITS AS A PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEE

• Resume Support
  • Resume visible to a wider audience
  • New job posting alerts
  • Enhanced professionalism
1 Like

NEW IMPROVEMENT:

The Roatan Jobs Board now includes a new feature which enables prospective employees to keep up with similar jobs to those they find interesting on our jobs board. Jobs now include a “Email me jobs like this” widget, like this:

ANNOUNCEMENT:
With the end of Summer comes the seasonal shuffle in jobs—and with the increase in activity comes a timely little update: improved forms for job alert.

Users can now enter their email straight on the search result page, instead of opening a popup first. We also added a new job alert form on the job page enabling job seekers to search for new opportunities similar to a job that they’re interested in.

SCA Compliance aka even more secure payments (with a bonus!)

We’re also now fully aligned with the new Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) regulations that are in effect.

These new regulations affecting EU and UK require a more strict approach to taking payments from your customers. Including the support of 3D secure.

1 Like