My Wife and I are planning a vacation/scouting trip to Roatan late winter/early spring 2021 as we think it fits our requirements for a retirement location. We’ve loved Puerto Rico but want something OUS and, from what we’ve seen, Roatan looks like an ideal location.
We are looking at a two phase transition, as we still have a few years before we can move from Texas. First, we want to find a property easy to rent when we’re not there, and second we would like to find a place for us as a family retreat and permanent home.
A few questions as we plan our first trip:
- Where best to stay on a first visit to Roatan?
- Advice on realtors - who would you recommend?
- What locations are good for rental property?
- How best to see what Roatan has to offer, with becoming residents in mind?
- We love boating, fishing, snorkeling, and eventually Scuba - what kind of boats are recommended, is it better to keep it at a marina or private dock, any other boating related advice?
Just want to come with some education, to make the most of the trip. Looking forward to getting there and experiencing what Roatan has to offer!