Why Have an RTN

What does having an RTN get me at grocery store or hardware store? Do I have to keep track of receipts & do something with those?

2 Likes

This helps entrepreneurs reduce their taxes at the time of paying their taxes to the Government. Every time they purchase something they need to ask a receipt with RTN. The more taxes you declare with your purchases, the less you pay in tax to the Government.

2 Likes

What about a retired guy who only pays Property Tax (land purchased with this RTN) and owns a truck (purchased using this RTN) and has Personal Taxes paid to the Municipal (Uses HN ID for the records)?
Is the RTN something the Municipal takes into account or checks in order to charge enough for Personal Tax or Property Tax?
(When I paid last week, it was ridiculously low - so was it the “account” or RTN had sufficient activity to allow a lower fee?).
Thank You

1 Like

Tax rates for things like registration of a motor vehicle usually depends on the vehicle class, make and model, my wife new X5 has 10x higher cost than my new chevy.

RTN your tax registry number is issued to natural or foreing persons, rerail stores must log transaction greater than 10k Lempiras (ML laws), the clerk may ask you to split your purchase while out checkout if you do not have an RTN.

As a business ower we usually offset all our business, personal (permitted) cost deduction and even travels. Sometimes via the ISV sales tax (15%,18%), which we deduct/offset monthly reporting of expenses, imports/exports, and IVS tax paid on those expenses to SAR, we receive a fiscal credit which we can offset our fiscal balance, our CPA (5 of them) usually declares monthly declaritions for all expenses, any ISVwe paid gets deducted from our tax liabilities each month and annual reportings.

Chris Rock: “You don’t pay taxes–they take taxes.”

1 Like